It's Monday afternoon here, which means that I've commenced my final week of teaching at Kosin. I've got three more days of classes and then a week of final exams. It's hard to believe that almost two years have passed since I started this awesome adventure.
It's strange to think, but when I first decided to take this position, I didn't give that much thought to the teaching aspect of the choice. Over these past four semesters, though, I have come to love my students and teaching them. Recently Andy and I were sharing some of our funny student homework quotes, and we looked up a quote he had written down last year. Here's the quote:
"I am putting on a flesh. The inside of my thigh so stouten."
We were surprised to see that the student who wrote it is now pretty good at English, and we could never imagine her saying that now. It was encouraging to see that our sometimes fumbling attempts to teach our students English really have helped them improve.
And because of that hope for improvement, here are some of the highlights from the current Global English homework I'm grading where students had to describe themselves or a friend:
[about his roommate] "He is fat and has a many body hair."
"I am black horn-rimmed glasses too large for my small, sunken face. but I look good with a perm. and I have a complex about being short and a little plump."
"My head is a curl. And there is a goatee."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
linda!! i laughed out loud at those quotes - so funny! and i can't believe you're finished - crazy!! do you know what you're doing yet next year?
Guess what?? I'm in vancouver and I start my first course at REGENT tomorrow!! YAY!!
miss you! xo
Post a Comment