Sunday, May 16, 2010

Delight

At Sunday evening fellowship yesterday we looked at Proverbs 8 where wisdom is personified; it reads as follows,

"when he gave the sea its boundary
so the waters would not overstep his command,
and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.

Then I was the craftsman at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in his presence,

rejoicing in his whole world
and delighting in mankind."

I love this image of joy and delight at the goodness of life itself. As I look at my now-limited time left in Korea, I can't help but be filled with joy at the gift of life here. From my wonderful students and the dear friends I've made here to the gorgeous hikes and beautiful views, God seems to be filling me to the brim with joy for each day. Here are some of the highlights of this past weekend:

On Friday evening I had most of my literature class over for dinner. It was the most people I've ever hosted at once before. We had a good time. We played a winking game for quite a while which is why, if you look, Jackson and I are winking in the photo.
On Saturday I met my friend Nayoung who isn't studying at Kosin this semester. We had Japanese food, walked around the park enjoying the gorgeous weather, and tried these strawberry lollypops.
And this morning I woke up at 5:30 am to a stunning view outside my window. I can't think of a better way to start a new week.

No comments: