Tuesday, November 3, 2009

more joy from students

It's been almost a month already since I returned to Korea. These weeks have been busy, but the highlight, as always, is the laughter that my students bring. They're hilarious in class, but it's also fun to read their homework assignments.

Love seems to be on some of my male students' minds. They wrote:

" I watched the movie Tess. Tess is so lovely and pure. If she was real, I would love her forever."

"Autumn is the season for the Men. So I wanted to see a romantic movie. Oh~ I want to love! *^^*"

"If I make a girlfriend I will true love."

"Miss Anastacia is beautiful. She do smile all class. I think she has beautiful mind. that all."


It's pretty cute. Also, some of my juniors had to write sentences with positive descriptive words in them, and this is what some of my students wrote.

"My mom is very beautiful. If you see to my mom. You will know." Okay, that seems oddly oedipal after the previous quotes. That was unintentional. Sorry.

"Edward is very confident in every affair. He often gets around with his unwashed hair."

Patrick wrote about himself, "Patrick is intelligent and a young hopeful. Because he is always study hard."


In other news, it has suddenly become really cold here. My office heat is broken, so I have been wearing a winter coat all day. My hands are currently freezing, so this will have to suffice for now.

No comments: