The evening was good, but bittersweet. As I was giving another of the seemingly ubiquitous short speeches we give here, I looked out over the room and realized that when I think of my time in Korea, those faces are the ones that I will remember. I am so grateful for these students and the way that they have welcomed me into their lives, and graciously worked through all of the linguistic and cultural differences. Now they are graduating, and I am happy for them, but it's also strange to imagine day-to-day life at Kosin without them there.
Since these are the faces I want to remember, I went out yesterday afternoon and bought a new camera, all determined to take pictures and such. So here are the people that have become very important to me over the past year. I'll try to keep the pictures coming.
Stella and Jan *^^*
Not sure what pose this is, but it's what Solomon wanted to do.
With some of the senior girls
With most of the senior girls (missing Jin, of course)
The men trying to be cool

Bowling was a lot of fun. My team was big into cheering, and their English cheers were hilarious. My favorite was Mark who shouted "Amazing Grace!" after every good bowl. Here Peter shows that you can't let your tie get in the way of your game.
Since I am now a Korean girl, I've started to wear black tights. Here I am with the other girls, noting how fashionable our tights look with the bowling shoes.

Linda and Lucy
No comments:
Post a Comment