Monday, September 14, 2009

Speeches

I am having my conversation students give introductory speeches this week in class. It's a good chance for them to practice speaking English in front of others, and it's pretty fun to learn more about my students too. Here are some of my favorite excerpts.

"My dad is an officer. My mother is a domesticated homemaker."

"My voice is so high in the day time--it is not good. But, night time, my voice is so low and sexy. So...call me at the midnight." (Edward)

"Every morning when I wake up, I go to the mirror and smile. Because the face in mirror is so handsome. Everyone should smile like me handsome face." (more Edward)

After Ronny gave his speech stating that his dad is a postman, I told him that mine was too. He was so excited that we were "same", that we walked to the back of the classroom to shake my hand and bow.

I love my job.

2 comments:

Justin said...

i love kosin students! i'm glad you have edward in your class. he's so funny.

Anonymous said...

oh I miss those moments. You must have a fun class- Edward and Ronny are quality.