Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Love Lucy

Every professor here at Kosin has an assistant to help them with grading and all of the other strenuous work we have here. My assistant's name is Lucy, and she is fabulous. Since I really don't have much in the way of excess work here, we watch clips of I Love Lucy on youtube together.

Lucy has traveled quite a bit, and she lived in British Columbia for almost a year. Additionally, she has been to Egypt, Turkey, Israel, and the West Bank. She wants to be a missionary in Palestine someday, and I think that she's pretty much amazing. She's currently reading a book on Condoleezza Rice, which she likes to discuss with me.

She also helped me get a cell phone this weekend. And now she takes the opportunity to call and text me frequently. I missed 12 calls from her Saturday when I had my phone off, and this morning she texted me a Bible verse with her morning greetings. I think it might be hard to adjust to a job without an assistant.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hey Linda,

I got a kick out of your story about the cell phone, it sounds like the exact same thing that happens here in Uganda when you give out your cell phone number. Tons of calls and text messages....

Justin Struik