This is midterm week. All of my classes (except for kindergarten) are canceled, and I'm having my students come into my office for their English conversation midterm exam. It's kind of fun to give these interviews. This morning, I had some of the top students from my Advanced Conversation class, so their English is amazing. They're also the students that I am friends with, so those interviews were chatty and nice. My other interviews are for General English students whose English isn't so great, and who are scared stiff even at the thought of entering a professor's office and trying to put together a sentence in English. Either way, kind of fun for me.
I just got back from lunch with a professor at Kosin who is also the husband of my pastor here. He took Emily and I out for dog. Dog tastes like generic meat, so nothing crazy there, but it's all part of the Korean experience, I suppose. During lunch, he proceeded to convince us that, in addition to striving to learn some Korean, we should also take up studying Chinese and Japanese. I wasn't convinced. He took us out for lemonade afterwards (since neither of us are coffee drinkers), and expressed concern that the cold drink would make the dog meat harden in our stomachs. We took the risk with the lemonade, but we'll see what I have coming.
Last Friday one of the deans took us out for lunch as well, and we went to a really nice Korean restaurant. I tried a lot of new dishes, including jellyfish and octopus. It was a buffet style restaurant, and somewere between the buffet and my seat, I managed to lose an octopus from my plate. Either I dropped it, or it had some life left in it, and wanted to escape, but I felt pretty stupid when I looked down and it wasn't there anymore.
Time sure is flying by here, and I look forward to doing this all again next semester when I won't be totally clueless about everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Linda! Hwaiting! :)
Post a Comment