Yesterday was Emily's birthday. Happy Birthday, Em. Her family sent her a package with all sorts of good things. One of the things that she got was a DVD (which we knew since it was listed on the box for customs). When I got into her office, she was so excited to show me her Wee Songs Grandpa's Toy Room DVD. Since it's a movie for preschoolers, I proceeded to mock her and read the box dramatically.
Until I realized that I too loved that movie when I was little. Becky, it's the one with Punchanello the clown, the Sailor who went to sea-sea-sea, and the "who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?" song. I probably hadn't seen it for about 12 years. So after everyone left Emily's party, we went to her room and watched the kiddie video, and had a blast. I also noticed that I missed some things as a kid, like how creepy the woman dressed up as a beaver is, or how the little Dutch girl has an overwhelming Boston accent.
Nonetheless, it was so fun to watch after all of these years, and a reminder of just how cool Emily and I are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Y-e-a-hhh....you keep telling yourself that. Well, glad you guys had fun celebrating.
Ah yes...small talk. It's your favorite isn't it? I had some jolly ones with my cousin's girl friend...one you don't know.
Post a Comment