It's Saturday afternoon, and I am procrastinating while preparing a Midterm for my English Composition class. This morning, though, I was given one of my least favorite tasks: making small talk. Kosin had a number of high school students come in today to apply for entrance into Kosin's English department. While select professors actually interviewed these students, the rest of us sat in the room and tried to promote Kosin to these prospective students.
Now, I dislike small talk enough already, but trying to chat with nervous students who speak very little English really doesn't appeal to me. I spent a lot of time repeating my questions and removing any unnecessary words from my sentences. Overall, it wasn't so bad---I even managed to have a meaningful conversation with a couple of them. I found out one student from the area wants to go to Hollywood and "be like Jerry Bruckheimer". It seems that an English degree from Kosin University is route to success there. I wish him the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow, your blog is addictive :)
keep up!
I like the "meaningful conversation." :) Good work Res. Life!
Post a Comment