It's getting colder here in Korea.
I've finally broken down and hauled out my winter coat, but I still spend a fair amount of time chilly.
Problem 1 is that I am cheap. I am rarely in my apartment, so it doesn't really seem worth heating to me (not until we get into real winter months, that is). Thus I spend a fair amount of time trying to stay warm at night--and convincing myself to get out of bed in the morning. The other day, Emily and I were under the covers in her bed with our coats and mittens still on. I know, I know, this problem is of my own making.
Problem 2 is that Kosin doesn't heat buildings quite like Dordt. There is a small heater in my office, and there are heaters in some of the classrooms, but much of the building is unheated. Thus walking down the hallway, trips to the bathroom, and teaching classes on the fourth floor are shiver-inducing endeavors. I had my class last week do jumping jacks to warm them up.
Emily and I are contemplating moving into her spacious office for the winter (some days it's a joke, some days not so much). Regardless, here's to Dordt who heated it's building in their entirety and provided a lovely respite from the cold, and here's to our parents who weren't too cheap to heat our houses all of those years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And it's getting a bit chilly in West Michigan, as well.
We missed you here yesterday at the lakefront gathering of the clan for Thanksgiving. It was a good day -- everyone enjoyed the food, the games, most of the conversation, and there was the requistie walk to the beach for the brave-hearted few.
Hope to see you soon. Will you be home for Christmas?
Post a Comment