1. I interviewed for a job as a advocate/organizer with a national public interest group network. It mostly went well, but when my interviewer found out that I was Christian he seemed less than thrilled. We began to talk about polluton, health care, and such matters, but he kept asking me who was to blame to things being wrong and whose fault they were (he seemed quite unhappy with God). It might be like being Justice Matters full time, though, which would be cool.
2. Pre-interview (I got there plenty early) I was killing time at a 7-11 when I started talking to some Croatian guy. Upon hearing that I had recently returned from the Middle East, he spent the next 20 minutes convincing me that They (apparently every Arab person in existence)
were trying to brainwash me and get me to marry a Muslim man. He urged me to be careful. I assured him I would be, and then he followed me to my interview.
3. I learned that the public transportation in Cairo can prepare you for anything. I took the Amtrak down and then manuevered throughout Chicago on public transportation just fine.
4. I got to visit with Brittany from MESP! (I'm sorry, Dayna, that you couldn't be there)
1 comment:
karyn looks...um...a little under the influence.
SO GLAD TO SEE YOU! Maybe in two weeks again??
Post a Comment