Thursday, December 13, 2007

Not Quite There Yet

Well, I was supposed to be home now, but instead I'm sitting in the Hampton Inn outside of JFK.

Last night we had our Ma'a Salaama party to say goodbye and left for our flight at 4 am. Unfortunately, an over-zealous worker fueled the plane improperly, and our flight was delayed for two hours. After boarding, we sat on the plane while the intercom informed us that we had to wait until some company man who probably knew nothing about fueling planes okayed the takeoff. We ended up being 3 and a half hours delayed, and that correspondingly made us miss our flight in Germany and the connection flights to home.

We sat around in Germany until we got re-booked to Amsterdam. So Pake, I did make it to the Netherlands after all this semester. :)

We only made it out of Amsterdam by dashing from counter to counter and trying to convince airport folk that a list of our names and numbers was a decent substitute for a boarding pass.

Thankfully, though, we made it to JFK and MESP got us hotel rooms so that we can finally sleep (after being awake for 40+ hours). But all signs point toward success tomorrow, and insha'allah, I'll be home soon. Yay!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Shoot! Iknew I was doing something wrong with those apostrophes.

I am so way more excited than you to see you soon..WAY,WAY,WAY,WAY MORE EXCITED!!!!! See all my exclamation marks??