Sunday, October 14, 2007

No Real News

Hello everyone.

It's been a while since my last post, but I don't really feel as if there's any new news to speak of. My last week has been full of the Egypt routine, and some essay writing. On Tuesday, though, we leave for the five day cruise on the Nile down to Luxor and Aswan--it's what Dr. Dave referred to as the vacation part of the semester (although I have so much reading, writing, and Arabic homework, that it might be more like a homework session in the sun). In any case, I'm looking forward to it.

I met Emily's host sister Heba today and it was so much fun. She was so friendly and and warm toward me just because I was a friend of Em's. (Happy birthday yesterday, love) Talking to her got me pretty excited for my homestay next week. And then after homestays, travel in November...my, this semester's flying by!

In other news, Dr. Dave's fiance Suzanne got into Cairo today, so it was really fun to meet her and welcome her to MESP. I have my Islam final tomorrow, so I really ought to be studying, but I feel like I know it. Here's a question for past MESPers: name the 3 main schools of Sufism--I know it; do you?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

geek.

Justin said...

schools of sufism... um, doesn't that have something to do with whirling dervishes dancing to sufjan stevens?

Micah said...

yeah... whatever Justin said...
inti kiis guafa!