The past two days have been jam-packed as usual, and I've been having some quality times. We Left Thursday evening for a seven hour drive to Mt. Sinai, and began our climb to the top at about two in the morning. We hiked for about two and a half hours so that we hit the top just before sunrise. It was a pretty nice hike for the first while (and quite a treat to see all the stars after almost a month in smoggy Cairo), but the stairs to the top of the mount were kind of ridiculous. Overall, Sinai was beautiful. It continues to be a strange feeling to see things I heard about in Sunday school.
Here's a look at the sunrise views you can expect if you ever ascend Mt. Sinai:
And then we went to Dahab. It's on the Red Sea and we relaxed there and it was wonderful. The Red Sea is amazing, and we frequented a beautiful restaurant, the Funny Mummy, right on the coast. On Saturday we went snorkeling through the coral reef and it was amazing. Katelyn and I decided that if we never get married or have a cool career, we just might head back to Dahab.
And this is when we went to Al-Azhar for Iftar. I met with Aisha and Bersheeba, two students at Al-Azhar from Nigeria. It was definitely an interesting experience to talk to these sisters and hear what their lives were like. MESP has definitely been affording me some fantastic opportunities. Well, I had more to say, but I'm late for my cultural activity course, so I've got to run.
Linda
3 comments:
Linda I am moving to Dahab with you. The funny mummy AMAZING. The fruit drinks, the food, the view! Incredible.
um, em, we all know you're going to get married so I don't think you can move to Dahab. But I will, Linda!
I can live in dahab for a few years..you, Linda, the beach, snorkeling, the Funny Mummy...what more could a girl want?
Post a Comment