Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Class

I have been teaching an intensive English course this summer for the international students in the M.Div program at Kosin. Kosin recruits a ton of students from countries like the Philippines, China, Cambodia, Kenya, Tanzania, Vietnam, Burundi, and elsewhere. It's been really nice to get to know some of the international students better, and it has given me some structure to my summer schedule.

Yesterday, my students gave their final presentations on research papers that I had assigned, and we went out for snacks afterward to celebrate.




These are some of my students. They're all older than me, have more education than me, and speak more languages than me. Yet they still call me Professor. Go figure. I asked them to simply call me Linda, but the closest I got was "Mum Linda" from the Filipino guys in the top picture. They're fun people to spend summer time with.

No comments: