I'd better start off with an apology. I realize that I haven't posted anything in forever. Sorry. I toyed with deleting my blog, but then I noticed that Emily is leaving at the end of this month, and soon it won't be possible to get updates about me via her blog. I am committed to blogging more faithfully once she leaves. Nothing like putting commitment off until the future, I guess.
I had an interesting day at church on Sunday. We had been having an English service at Beomil Baptist (shh--it's a secret) Church. But now our pastor is leaving for China, and instead of joining up with another church, I have decided to stay at that church with some of the international students we attend with. I am excited for the opportunity to get to commit to a church, and to build new realtionships.
But joining the church entails a couple of things. First, it means sitting through a Korean sermon, when my Korean is wildly sub-par. We were told we would have electronic translators. Yesterday I put in my earphones, and waited through a good twenty minutes of silence before I decided that whoever was supposed to be translating wasn't up to the task.
Additionally, committing to the church means joining the choir. Our old pastor got the idea that I am a good singer, so I was made part of our praise team of our English service. Now, the praise team members are choir members. This would work out better for me if I could read music or Korean well. Yesterday I struggled through "When the Roll is Called up Yonder" in Korean. I got sympathetic looks from those around me.
Also, we were give milk to drink before singing. If there's one thing I remember from 7th grade choir, it's that milk is not good for your throat before singing. And I needed all the help I could get.
The one good thing about choir: I keep re-wearing the same clothing here, and putting on the choir robe made me feel like I have a whole new outfit. Now that's exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just think of all those Sunday singings for the old people and blast it out!
Am I still alive? Because, I think I just read a new post on your blog. :)
Post a Comment