Monday, December 15, 2008

Wrapping Things Up

Classes have ended, finals are over, and the remaining students are trickling off campus toward their hometowns. I'm working on getting my final grades in, but things are definitely quieting down.

I have a stack of graded composition papers in my office waiting for students to pick them up, but so far only one has come by. Hopefully the hours I spent commenting on their writing weren't in vain. Their papers were required to be three pages, and some students handed in papers looking like an e.e. cummings poem, there was so much white space in them.

I can't believe how quickly this semester has flown by. It seems like just hours ago that I was standing, terrified, in front of my first class. I think I'll even miss being in the classroom over winter break. It sure is strange to go to my office when the building is deserted. At least I'll have my kindergarteners to keep me company during break!

No comments: