Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My First Bribe

Yesterday I collected homework that I had assigned for my Advanced Conversation class. One student had not done the homework, and asked if she could hand it in later that day. She never came to my office, so I assumed she had just forgotten about it. Today she caught me in the hall and showed me her completed assignment; when I went to grab the paper, she also shoved a can of pop in my hand and walked away.

I just laughed as I looked at her blatant attempt to bribe me, and continued on my way to the cafeteria. As I was sitting down to eat my lunch, I thought I'd drink my can of coco-grape pop to enjoy the taste of student guilt along with my meal. I opened the can, took a swig, and there were chunks in the pop. Apparently Korean pop has fruit or miscellaneous chunks in it...so I chewed my pop instead.

No comments: