We found some waterfalls and big rocks when we were hiking, so naturally I had to see if I could climb up.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Out with Olive
This weekend Andy and I took a trip with our friend Olive. We went up to Cheong Song, a town in the country where her aunt and uncle live. We ventured around Juwang mountain, went fishing, ate some awesome food, and had some good sits. Since I'm used to life in Busan, it was was fun to enjoy country living.
We found some waterfalls and big rocks when we were hiking, so naturally I had to see if I could climb up.
Olive and Andy
For lunch we ordered Korean rice wine, which was very nice.
The town is famous for its "magic water"--essentially water with really high levels of iron. It tasted nothing like any water I've had before. We scooped it up from the ground--notice how the rock beneath it is orange.
Saturday morning it was raining, but we went fishing anyway. Andy, Olive, and I all caught fish, but Olive's picture is the cutest because she was the most excited. I look seriously distraught and guilt-ridden in mine. I couldn't enjoy my catch until after Andy unhooked it and I saw that it was okay. Apparently recreational fishing isn't for me--but I'll still enjoy eating Korea's delicious seafood.
We found some waterfalls and big rocks when we were hiking, so naturally I had to see if I could climb up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
why didn't you include your picture? Then we could judge your expression for ourselves! :)
Post a Comment