Thursday, March 25, 2010

MT

This past Wednesday through Friday marked our annual Membership Training, or MT. At English department MT, the students and professors go off for a short trip where we have worship, games, and fellowship time. Though it's a bit tiring, I really enjoyed this year's MT, and the chance to get to know some of the younger students a bit better. Here are some of the highlights:

Jay and Jane, two of my conversation students.
We are put into "family" groups--here's my father (Joshua), with Peter and Blaire.
Sunny and Betty--funny girls! ^^
Sorry about the blurry picture--this was fast action. This game involved two "horses" carrying a "queen" while the queens strove to steal the other's crown/hat. Andy is the tall horse on the far right.
We ended the second night with a talent show. Each group did a dance or skit. This is Snout performing as the wicked stepmother from Snow White--the magic mirror is a freshmen on the far right.

I didn't get any pictures of my group's skit since I was acting in it. We created an original script fusing The Phantom of the Opera and Popeye the Sailor Man. It was hilarious if you knew what was going on, but may have been difficult for the audience to follow. We had a lot of fun making it, anyway.
I'm pretty thankful for a good trip with some awesome students.

No comments: