Friday, January 15, 2010

Break

Not too much has been going on around here, but I suppose it's time for an update. I leave for Cambodia in 5 days, and I'm pretty excited because winter break can get a little boring, being all cooped up and cold. I've never been more grateful for skype though--tutoring and skyping pretty well keep my days afloat.

Yesterday was nice though, because I got to go out with Stella to celebrate her birthday a little early. It's going to be tough next semester with her gone, but I'm glad that she's still living around Busan. I am very grateful to have such a good friend in Korea.

I got Stella candles for her cake, but I could only find number candles, which is strange, because you don't turn a year older on your birthday in Korea. Instead, everyone turns a year older together on January 1. Really she was 23 before her birthday too--anyway, she liked them.

We also planned out the rest of vacation together. She makes me laugh. She's planned out being sad on the 18th for graduation, and transitioning into adulthood on the 19th.

We love each other!


Then we took sticker photos together. After you take the pictures, you can superimpose words or cartoons over the pictures. In my experience, Americans and Koreans have slightly different styles in sticker photo adornment, as illustrated here. I decorated the one on the left, she took it a little further for the one on the right.

No comments: