Friday, November 27, 2009

Happenings

Yesterday was my friend Cindy's birthday. A few of our other friends came over to my apartment for a splendid party that included lots of delicious food, movies, singing Christmas carols in both Korean and English, belly dancing, and taking pictures with Kosin's Christmas lights. Here are the highlights.

With Stella
And the birthday girl

Everyone likes the belly dancing skirtCindy found a birthday present!
Jan tried to get me to eat the apples

I am very grateful for these girls. One thing that can get tiring here in Korea is always being a novelty as the token white person. When I am with them, though, I don't feel that at all. The other day Stella told me, "When you first came, we thought of you as the American, but now, we think of you as one of us." That's something for which to be thankful.

No comments: