Friday, February 20, 2009

By the Numbers

I am leaving India late tonight for Korea. I've been here for a month now and have done a pathetic job updating my blog. I have had a wonderful experience backpacking though. I can't really summarize all of the things I've seen, heard, and done in recent weeks, but here's a synopsis by the numbers.

In addition to innumerable cups of chai, monkey sightings, rickshaw rides, and requests from beggars, I have:

Taken 5 overnight train rides traveling through India (I slept well on one of them).

Visited 4 Hindu temples. I was alternately baffled and intrigued.

Had 3 items confiscated by the Taj Mahal security, including a Dickens novel.

Watched 2 films in Hindi, Ballu Barber and Slumdog Millionaire.

Enjoyed 1 clear morning in Darjeeling taking in the sight of the Himalayas.

And now I have 0 days until I leave for Korea. I'm excited for Yeongdo!

No comments: